EFFECTIVE MARKETING FOUNDATIONS
It is common for a start-up technology to maximize effort on product development and consider the marketing launch less industrially.
The Product Managers’ experience has shown that we can industrialize the marketing effort at all stages of life of the company, that is to say at all budget levels.
Dedicate a few thousand € to marketing actions does not mean manage it randomly, quite the contrary.
This effort begins with a clear definition of the target market and of the value that the offer actually brings to these target market.
It is an analysis that can be done in an extremely pragmatic way and in parallel with the first round of marketing tools production for example.
• What is the addressable market?
• What are the alternatives to the offer?
Necessary step to define the marketing tools that accompany the offer on the market.
• You need to identify three key points or » Key selling points » that « make a difference ».
• Once validated these aspects , it will be easier to build the value proposition , the foundation of all marketing tools : website , brochures –
Prepare the launch with the Marketing Plan.
This is an opportunity for the company to:
– Share understanding of the environment and to harmonize the team visions
– Establish a roadmap, not unchangeable, but shared by all (general management, sales, marketing and also R & D)
– Have only a limited number of landmarks to focus efforts on, the most important requirement for the success of young technology companies.